Trump loves to use 9/11 to his advantage. He says he’s a New Yorker, so it affected him more. That he was instrumental in the rebuilding of downtown (he wasn’t), etc.
Remember him saying he saw Muslims cheering when the planes hit?
Or how he stole money from a 9/11 fund meant for small businesses?
Well, the internet is forever, and courtesy of the Daily Beast, here are Trump’s most despicable 9/11 tweets:
10. Trump uses 9/11 to go after libertarian icon Ron Paul and The Donald’s foe Rosie O’Donnell.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 30, 2011
9. Here’s Trump tweeting, and approvingly retweeting, about scores of “militant Muslims” in America delighting in the carnage of 9/11.
"@thumpmomma: I likewise saw militant Muslims burning our flag and burning George Bush photos and figures, right after 9/11! Not#here!"
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 2, 2015
8. “…all kinds of youtube videos…”
"@wzpd8z: Mr. Trump, Chuck Todd is a moron, all kinds of youtube videos showing muslims celebrating 911. I would show it on your ads."
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 30, 2015
7. Back during the Republican primary, Trump invoked 9/11 repeatedly to attack the Bush family. He “wanted to be nice,” but ended up not:
At the debate you said your brother kept us safe- I wanted to be nice & did not mention the WTC came down during his watch, 9/11.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 17, 2015
6. Did you know that Donald Trump predicted the 9/11 plot?
I predicted the 9/11 attack on America in my book "The America We Deserve" and the collapse of Iraq in @TimeToGetTough.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 29, 2011
5. There was also when he used 9/11 to bash Obama and the president’s supposed “good friends in Libya and Egypt.”
What a coincidence that Obama's good friends in Libya and Egypt picked 9/11 to attack our embassies.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 13, 2012
4. For those searching for an emphatically pro-torture 9/11 tweet…
Isn't it interesting that immediately after September 11th, everybody was asking for, and indeed demanding, torture of any kind. No reports!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 12, 2014
3. The Infowars link is what makes it.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 26, 2015
2. No comment.
With the whacko pervert Weiner about to be embarrassed, all women need to be on the lookout. Sexting begins 9.11 @ 12:01 AM
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 22, 2013
1. And finally, never forget:
“@realDonaldTrump: I would like to extend my best wishes to all, even the haters and losers, on this special date, September 11th.”
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 12, 2013